Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tom Cruise in town

The word on the street is that Tom Cruise is in town with his wife (hmm, what's her name? oh yeah, Katie) who will be starring with Diane Keaton (notice I know HER name) and Queen Latifah (and hers) in a movie being filmed here in S'port city. And, Tom and Katie will be living on my street (well, on my street but in a ritzier zip code). It would be interesting to see him in person. And, I'd really like to hear what Scientologists believe. Yesterday a 14-year old was telling me the basic tenets of Scientology. You know how kids are...I couldn't decide whether she was giving me HER version of the "religion" or what. If she was telling the truth, OMGoddess, they really believe we are the spawn of brothers from another planet? I'm not sure it's worth it but maybe I'll hunker down and actually read about Scientology. Also heard that James Earl Jones was going to be in town for the filming of another movie (don't know which one). I just love that man's voice! He came into our bookstore in Juneau, Alaska (Big City Books - alas, no longer in business) 15+ years ago and bought so many books we had to mail them to him. He's a man who enjoys reading!

No comments: